Sunday 1 April 2012

Fernhill is here!!!


The pattern for the first block of Lynette Anderson's mystery Fernhill BOM/button club has arrived!



I ordered the materials pack too and oh my word, those fabrics are so lovely! As well as all the fabrics, the pack contains vilene, teensy-tiny buttons, all the DMC threads I'll need and a yo-yo maker. I have stroked and sorted the fabrics several times, read and re-read the instructions... but I have been good and put it away until I finish the Flowers For The Bees wallhanging. All the yo-yo's are finished for that  (phew) and all the appliqué work is complete. The inner border is a double row of 1.5" squares and then a wider border comes next. More on that when I have enough done to take a progress pic...


AND.... the postman also brought me this lovely fabric pack for the Cinnamon Toast Quilt that I bought at the NEC last weekend. The stall had run out of the fabric packs so I just brought the pattern home with me at the time.  It was so exciting to open the parcel when it arrived in the post!



The fabrics are from the Maison de Garance range by French General for Moda.
Yummy... yummy... yummy....


Happy stitching,
Chris :)