Sunday 4 March 2012

I made a block keeper!


If you had asked me what this was was two days ago... I wouldn't have known. Nor would I have known that I needed one, really needed one!!





It all came about because I decided to start piecing together the first block from my Gardener's Journal quilt. Strewth... are those 1 1/2" squares fiddly!! Stitch, press, stitch, press... and fairly soon I had one block completed... yay! Yes, I know it's a bit wonky in places but I'm hoping the quilting will sort of hide that. Maybe I should do another and see how that one turns out? So I did another.. pressed them both and pinned them to my ironing board.





Yesterday I needed to move them to iron hubby's shirts. But where to put them? I really didn't want to fold them up and I knew if I rolled them in a towel and popped them on a shelf I'd end up dumping something on top of them and creasing them. What to do?  I wondered what other people do? I knew someone, somewhere would have an answer.  At times like this I turn to Google... it's amazing what you can find on the internet.  And sure enough, Google came up with a brilliant tutorial for a block keeper.. it's on Teresa'a blog here. Fabric, wadding, glue, postal tube... and a couple of hours later... 




It's just the perfect thing! 

I must get those shirts ironed though....




5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your GJ looks great......those 1.5inchs blocks went together well.......

Christine M said...

Your project roll looks great. I have one and they are so handy. Your Gardner's Journal blocks look lovely too.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea,and your blocks are looking good,well done.

Anne Lise said...

Hi and thanks for your comment on my blog, long time ago..... Your project roll looks great. And your blocks too. You have lots of nice things on your blog. Will come back to you...:-)

Teresa said...

Wow, I'm so glad you made the block keeper. It looks great and I love the fabrics. I have so many of them now, I always seem to need another one, or they also make great presents....:)