Wednesday 29 February 2012

The postman came...


And look what he brought... a yummy Blueberry Crumb Cake jelly roll! The colours are perfect for my lounge and at Christmas I have a frosty, shimmery, blue, silver and white theme for my decorations. Last year I ran out of time for sewing Christmas projects so I'm starting early this year!





I'm going to make the Tis The Season wallhanging by Natalie Bird but mine will be in blue, tan and cream. I also got some cream print yardage from the same range to work the stitcheries on... and I couldn't resist the lovely cross stitch print from the same range. I'm planning on using the scraps left over from the hanging for a couple of cushion fronts and I'll use the cross stitch print for the back. I still have to order the border fabrics for the wallhanging, but now I've seen the jellyroll fabrics, choosing that will be easy!





I've already traced all the designs, using my new Frixion pens. I'd heard so much about these that I just had to get some to try out. They are brilliant!!! A lovely smooth rollerball, great for tracing and marking quilting lines. After stitching, a quick swoosh over with a warm iron removes all the markings, it's like magic!!  I had to take extra care when ironing on the Vilene H630 which I use as a stabiliser, one false move and my traced designs would be gone! I just ironed very carefully around the outer edges of the stitchery designs and all was well.

I'm really looking forward to stitching these.... :)




No comments: