Monday 20 February 2012

I've been quiet this week... but


But I have been busy stitching!!!

I just finished this pretty embroidered tote and pincushion. Well... it's called a tote on the pattern, but to me it's more like a basket? Anyway, here it is....




And here it is opened, showing the internal embroidered pockets for storing threads, scissors etc. As I was taking the photo I noticed that I haven't stitched on the central button yet... oops!


The pattern is 'Embroidered Tote Bag' by Lenna Green and includes the pattern for the matching pincushion.  I bought it as a PDF download from Stitching Cow. There are some really lovely designs on the website, it was hard to choose which one to buy!

Lenna also offers some BOM quilts available as monthly PDF downloads... I am loving the Christmas In Italy quilt a combination of patchwork, stitchery and appliqué. I might probably will go back and have another look at that one as it reminds me so much of the lovely holiday we had at Lake Garda in Northern Italy.


I still had a few little fabric scraps left from my Spring Tote, so I used the lower band of the stitchery pattern and make this sweet little pincushion.




I've also been adding to my growing pile of stitcheries for my Gardener's Journal quilt. I've just finished the Vegetable Patch, so that makes 12 completed out of ... umm... I think it's 25? 



Pulling the Weeds will be going on the hoop this evening, so I'm about half way :) As a lot of the fabrics I'll be using for this quilt are scraps and smallish pieces, I want to wait until I've completed all the stitcheries before making up the blocks. Hopefully that way I can spread the scraps evenly over the quilt. Well, that's the theory anyway!!


Happy stitching :)


3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow your going well with the GJ stitcheries.......I cut all my block pieces at the start of the quilt and divided them up into the blocks and popped them into snap lock bags.........it worked pretty well............I think I only swapped a couple of pieces of fabric.......

Christine M said...

Your tote is just beautiful. I love the embroidery on it.

Nicole said...

That's gorgeous embroidery!