Saturday 21 January 2012

Welcome Home is finished...


I am so pleased with how this turned out :)

The pattern called for the pillow cover to just be patched but I made a bit more work for myself by adding some wadding and a liner and quilting in the ditch. I figured that it was worth taking extra time over this since I had put all those hours in on the stitchery. I used a piece of wool felt underneath the stitched panel, then attached it to the pillow with blanket stitch. I bought a lovely plump, feather-filled cushion to go inside it and with the quilted cover it feels wonderfully squishy!




and here's the back.... odd buttons and all :)



This has been so lovely to work on, I've enjoyed every minute of it!


2 comments:

Mummascribbles said...

Tillymint, this is absolutely wonderful! It's beautiful. You should be very proud of how it's turned out. I can only aspire to be this good at the moment!!

Anonymous said...

whow love this,well done.xx