Sunday 9 March 2008

Be there or be square!


This weeks challenge on the Papertake weekly challenge blog is Squares! Square cards, square patterns or squares on your layout!



After working with pastel colours on my last couple of cards, I thought it was time for something bright! This paper comes from the K& Co Designer mat pad in the Mira range. I don't think the camera has quite captured the true intensity of the colours, but wow these papers are seriously bright and I love them! I wish I could wear colours like this, they really make me smile :)

I've used a square card and cut 7 squares from the patterned paper. Three of these I mounted onto co-ordinating cardstock, two of which I mounted on foam pads for a bit of dimension on the finished card. The greeting is from a clear Woodware stamp set and I found some tiny square jewels in red, green and orange to finish it off.

5 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

Wow - great card! Loads of squares and a 'square' sentiment too lol! Fab! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Sandy said...

Wow this is perfect. Wonderful card.

Angelswings_2 said...

Lovely card, really bright

Andrea, said...

Wonderful card, love the colours

Frances said...

Great card! Love the layout and the bright colours are fab.